Google My Business has been around since 2014, yet many business owners or service providers haven’t claimed their business listing on this popular platform. during this post, we are going to explore the various reasons why fixing and managing your Google My Business page can help your business get noticed within the search results of Google.
Over the past few years, Google has offered different listings, from Google+ to Google Places and last Google My Business and Google Maps. The latter two have also become the foremost important for local search results.
If you’re a business owner and haven’t yet created a Google My Business profile, you’re currently missing out on an enormous opportunity to face call at search results, which suggests less online visibility and ultimately fewer customers.
What does Google My Business Account Look Like?
When you search on Google for any business with a Google My Business account, it will show up in the search results this way.
Some of the major advantages of having Google My Business listing are:
– It’s free to access and essentially gives you free advertising and exposure on Google. Why pay extra dollars to have one of your business ads show up on the front page of Google when you have an opportunity to show it in search results with no added expense?
– You can show up in Google’s local results by taking advantage of Local SEO Services that appear above search results when you do a local search.
– Your business will show in searches done utilizing Google Maps
– You can earn customers’ trust after being a Google verified business.
– Customers or Clients can see your reviews at a glance.
– Your website has chances of rank higher in SERPs, leading to increased organic traffic and quality leads.
– You will win from your top competitors who don’t have Google business listings.
GMB listings allows you set necessary information about your services and supply searchers with important at-a-glance information, including telephone number , Website, Address, Positive Reviews, Business Description, About Product Posts, Upcoming Events, Photos, Business Hours and more.
Create a Google My Business Listing
- Step 1: Log into the Google Account you want associated with your business (or create a Google Account if you don’t already have one).
- Step 2: Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
- Step 3: Enter your business name.
Step 4: Enter your business address.
Step 5: If you go to your customers’ locations, rather than having them come to you, check the box “I deliver goods and services to my customers.” And if you work out of your house or another address you don’t want publicly shown, Check “Hide my address (it’s not a store) Only show region.” Finally, select your Delivery area.
- Step 6: Choose your business category. Try to choose the most accurate category possible — you’re essentially telling Google which type of customers should see your business listing.
- Step 7: Add your business phone number or website.
- Step 8: Choose a verification option. If you’re not ready to verify your business yet, click “Try a different method” → “Later.”
How to Verify Your Business on Google
There are several ways to verify your GMB listing:
- By postcard
- By phone
- By email
- Instant verification
- Bulk verification
- Step 1: If you aren’t already logged into Google My Business, sign in now and choose the business you want to verify. (If you’re already logged in, you’ll be at the verification step.)
- Step 2: Make sure your business address is correct. Optional: Add a contact name — that’s who the postcard will be addressed to.
- Step 3: Click “Mail.” The postcard should reach you in five days — make sure you don’t edit your business name, address, or category (or request a new code) before it comes, because this could delay the process.
- Step 4: Once you’ve gotten the postcard, log into Google My Business. If you have more than one business location, select the location you want to verify. If you only have one, select “Verify now.”
- Step 5: In the Code field, enter the five-digit verification code on your postcard. Click “Submit.”
If your postcard never shows up, or you lose it, you can request a new code by signing into Google My Business and clicking the “Request another code” blue banner at the top of the screen.
After verification be sure to check your information and update accordingly through the dashboard. You can also create posts for your services’, which will show up on your business listing for seven days. This feature is useful for running a special, promoting an event or blog posts.
Hopefully, this information helps you get your GMB listing quickly so you can start reaping the SEO benefits! If you need help becoming top on the local SEO pack, we are here to help. Attractive Web Solutions in SEO services to help you rank higher in search results.